[Gate-users] Brachytherapy cut-off energy

xela.errac at gmail.com xela.errac at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:55:11 CEST 2018

Thank you for you reply Maikol, But that's exactly one of my questions about choosing the right method in Gate.
Do I have to adjust for each material, the distance (SetCutInRegion) to always get this cut in energy of 5 keV or used an energy filter ?

The energy cut-off is defined as follows :
“The energy cutoff, is intended to exclude low-energy or contaminant photons (e.g., characteristic x-rays originating in the outer layers of steel or titanium source cladding) that increase air Kerma rate without contributing significantly to dose at distances greater than 0.1 cm in tis- sue. The value of the energy cuttoff is typically 5 keV for low-energy photon”

Best regards,

Alexandre