[Gate-users] Gate ....

Richard Maschmeyer richard.maschmeyer at sydney.edu.au
Thu Aug 23 04:54:37 CEST 2018

Hi all,

This is my first time contributing to an email chain like this, so apologies if I’ve done something wrong. My Gate simulations use a lot of ram (can be >500GB or so of RAM). My solution is to run Gate in ZRAM, a feature available on Linux that lets you ‘compress’ the RAM a program uses. The compression ration tends to be very good, 20GB down to 55MB or so, https://i.imgur.com/6pRZBBO.png

Friendly regards,

Richard

Richard Maschmeyer | PhD Research Student
Institute of Medical Physics
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 417, School of Physics | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T 0433405112 | E richard.maschmeyer at sydney.edu.au<mailto:richard.maschmeyer at sydney.edu.au>