[Gate-users] Understanding the comptVolName root output

Milad Mesri milad.mesri at surgiceye.com
Tue Sep 26 18:18:56 CEST 2017

Dear gate users,

I'm not sure how to understand the comptVolName output within the TBrowser of root.

The sum of the counts displayed is equal the total number of entries.

Does it mean that the browser only displays the last volume the particle scattered within?
Otherwise I would rather expect a number higher than the actual entries (due to multiple counting of a particle scattered more than once).

Simple example if not well understandable.
e.g. 10 events detected. comptonPhantom sum equals 10, shows 8 times NULL, 2 entries on 2.
I'd expect comptVolName sum to be equal to 12 (e.g.  8 NULL and 2 voxPhant, 1 collimator, 1 shielding scatter)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,

Milad Mesri