[Gate-users] statistical uncertainty

Amir Ghabrial eng_amir_shawky at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:22:40 CEST 2017

Dear GATE Users,

I am simulating PET scanner, and I am trying to calculate the scatter fraction statistical uncertainty as every time I do the simulation, I get different results, so I was wondering what is the right way to calculate the statistical uncertainty?.

It would be much appreciated if somebody could point me in the right direction or share his experience about uncertainty calculation!

Thank you for your time and Considerations
Kind regards,

 Amir Ghabrial
PhD Research Student
IEEE Member # 93954848

Faculty of Engineering and IT
University of Technology Sydney
Centre for Real-Time Information Networks

Address: Building 11, Level 8, Room 218, Desk 11,
15 Broadway, Ultimo NSW 2007
Australia
Phone: 0415320349

Confidentiality Statement – The contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof.
Thank you.

Déclaration de confidentialité - Ce courriel, y compris ses pièces jointes, s’adresse au destinataire uniquement et pourrait contenir des renseignements confidentiels. Si vous n’êtes pas le bon destinataire, il est strictement interdit de lire, d’utiliser, de divulguer, de copier ou de diffuser ce courriel ou son contenu, en partie ou en entier. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en informer immédiatement l’expéditeur, puis effacez le courriel ainsi que les pièces jointes et toute autre copie.
Merci.