[Gate-users] error in installation

David Boersma david.boersma at igp.uu.se
Wed May 17 15:30:11 CEST 2017

Dear Maryam,

Let's keep this discussion on the mailing list.

Could you please start a fresh new shell (terminal window), perform the
following commands, and then copy-paste the whole session (all commands
and their output) in a mail to the list? Screenshots are also fine, as
long as we can see the whole session from the beginning to the end.

In the following commands, please replace "/path/to/XYZ" each time by
the relevant path. The "/path/to/gate_v8.0" should be the path to the
gate_v8.0 source code directory (which you got hopefully from extracting
the gate_v8.0.tar.gz file). Note that on the last line I ask you to run
"cmake" this time, instead of the usual "ccmake" (it's not a typo).

source /path/to/ROOT/bin/thisroot.sh
which root
which root-config
root-config --prefix