[Gate-users] Parametric Surface

maikol salas ramirez mmsalas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:37:23 CET 2017

Hi

I would like to simulate a parametric surface volume, but trying to avoid
the use of a Voxel grid, due to the energy of the electrons (low energy)
that I have to simulate, it is expected some problems of overestimation of
the surface area of the interfaces (even for very small voxel), due to the
voxelized interfaces.

I am wondering if in Gate is possible to introduce a parametric volume for
example a twisted trapezoid as in GEANT4 (G4TwistedTrd) where the "voxels"
are deformed (no cubic) and to obtain the Dose in the volume (like a
concrete value), not in a squared Dose grid as is the case of the
DoseActor. And mainly avoid a voxelized interface.

The general idea is working with CAD, mesh data or parametric volumes.

I appreciate your advises.

Best regards