[Gate-users] Assessing Gate-User mailing list archives and Dose calculation

David Boersma david.boersma at igp.uu.se
Mon Jun 19 10:42:33 CEST 2017

Hi Emmanuel,

Regaring (1), the mailing list archives: we used to have our archives on
"gmane.org" but as our website mentions, the gmane site is effectively
defunct. If you google your GATE question then you may still get some
hits for GATE-user GMane pages that are still accessible, but it looks
like the underlying database for those is no longer updated since mid
2016, when the original maintainer of GMane suffered a burnout. An
enthusiastic new maintainer took over but it looks like after an
ambitions start he gave up within a few weeks. There is an oldfashioned
"newsreader" (NNTP) interface, which is still supported by some email
clients (Thunderbird) but that is not what most users want. We have
tried to contact the new GMane maintainer several times, but we get no
answer, and his blog shows no entries since September 2016. RIP GMane.

We also have our own archive local on opengatecollaboration.org; this is
not public and not searchable (since it's private, google cannot index
it, and it does not have its own search facility). We have some ongoing
experiments to make this archive public (and therefore googlable) but
these experiments are proceeding at an excruciatingly slow pace.

Anyway: for the time being, you can access our local archive here:

http://lists.opengatecollaboration.org/mailman/private/gate-users/

You need to login with your email address and password. Your password is
sent to you every month in an email with subject
"lists.opengatecollaboration.org mailing list memberships reminder".
If you have trouble logging in then maybe Albertine can help you.

Hope that helps,
David Boersma