[Gate-users] Voxel size voxilized phantom / source

Niels van der Werf nrvdwerf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 17:57:57 CEST 2017

Dear all,

With help of Konstantinos I managed to use the ICRP 109 phantom as both a voxilized phantom (metaimage) and as a voxilized source (interfile).

However, the results are not completely to my satisfaction. The reason for this probably lies in the voxel dimensions. I am wondering if the voxel dimensions, as declared in the meta image and interfile header are taken into account for by GATE. Does anyone know if this is the case?

This also leads to my other question. The phantom is has the following x y z voxels: 254 127 222. For x and y the size is 2.137 mm/voxel, with a slice thickness (z) of 8 mm. For the source a position has to be set at half of the  dimensions for some apparent reason. Should this be:

/gate/source/SOURENAME/setPosition		-270.1 -135. -888. mm

Or

/gate/source/SOURENAME/setPosition		-127. -63.5 -111. mm

Or something else?

I hope someone can help me with these two questions!

Kind regards,
Niels van der Werf

Medical Physics Resident