[Gate-users] GATE v8.0 compilation instructions - clarifications?

Edwin Leung ekleung at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jul 24 20:23:54 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I'm in the process of compiling and validating GATE v8.0 and I notice there
were some changes in the documentation and I have some questions:

1. ITK is now listed as *required *in the *Package Required *section
(http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/
Compilation_Instructions_V8.0). Is it *actually *required - *or *can I just
keep the ITK compilation flag *off *when compiling GATE v8.0? I didn't have
any compilation error when the flag was turned off so I wanted to double
check that was okay.

2. The *Geant4* section states that GEANT4_INSTALL_DATA and
*GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP* are *mandatory*, which appears to contradict with
the earlier statement from the *CLHEP* section "Since the GATE V7.0
release, users can use the CLHEP embedded within each Geant4 distribution.
This case, the CMAKE flag GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP, which is OFF by default,
must stay OFF." Can I keep GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP *off*? Again there were
no compilation error so I would like to make sure I installed GATE
correctly.

Many thanks,

Ed