[Gate-users] Cerenkov simulation

SeungEun Lee seungeun058 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 03:25:07 CET 2017

Dear Gate users,

I'm looking forward to observe Cerenkov effects in BGO crystal with 511 keV
gamma ray irradiated. I added Cerenkov to the physics list.

###
/gate/physics/addProcess Cerenkov
###

However, the most important thing is, that there are too small number of
Cerenkov events (3 per 100Mevents). It is known that more than 10 Cerenkov
photon photon emitted per 511 keV gamma ray and also it is shown in many
GEANT4 works previously.

Also I wanted to see the Cerenkov photons' origins of generation. I mean
which ID and which physical process (photoelectric or Compton) generated
this Cerenkov photon. But there are only 'Cerenkov' events written in Hits
file. ID of generation is just said to be electron.

Did anyone simulate Cerenkov effects in GATE successfully? Is there any tip
to solve this?

Thanks a lot.
Seungeun Lee.