[Gate-users] Next Gate version (V8.0)

Alex Vergara Gil alexvergaragil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 04:46:12 CET 2017

My 2c

I think a major version is too ambicious at the moment, it would be
better 7.3, why?

  1. There is no full support for C++11 yet, actually full C++11 as
mandatory compiler shall be a milestone for gate 8.0
  2. There is no support at all for g4mtrunmanager, which would allow
running gate in multithreading environments, such as personal
computers for testing and xeon phi coprocessors for running
  3. AFAIK, it is not yet finished the full gpu support, maybe i am
wrong, but i cant run all examples in gpu mode, some of them require
large amount of data in memory because the lack of a parallel world,
Gate is still defaulting to a single world. Point 2 would in principle
fix this too.

What are your thougths??

Alex