[Gate-users] Grossly wrong timestamp problem with ion source again

Jannis Fischer jannis.fischer at cern.ch
Sat Feb 25 16:46:23 CET 2017

Dear Gate-users,

I am experiencing a problem with the ion source: I get timestamps which
are completely wrong timestamps (order of ~10^8 s, where the slice is
from 0 s to 0.1 s), which when histogrammed yield an exponential
distribution with the half-life of my ion (Na-22) as exponential
parameter, see attached plot.

I have found out that this has occured before (2011 and 2015). I could
not see the attached patch to the answer of 2011, but I tried the
solution from 2015, which does not solve my problem.

The relevant posts are:

http://lists.opengatecollaboration.org/mailman/private/gate-users/2015-April/008344.html

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.science.opengate.user/1411

I use Gate 7.2 with geant4-10-02-patch-02. I'll try to look deeper into
it, but I wasn't successful so far. Maybe somebody else has a quick
suggestion on what to do or where to look.

Cheers

Jannis

--
ETH Zürich