[Gate-users] Convert LMF output into projection

Pietrzyk, Uwe u.pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
Wed Feb 22 11:27:18 CET 2017

Hello Hanieh Jozi,

maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my last eMail.
I don’t see the point to use LMF for your purpose.
You obviously want to simulate a cylindrical PET
and need to convert the data into sonograms,
as this is what the projections are called with the
PET-environment. The root-based program
(Bin_GATE_v1.0.c) simply takes the events (coincidences!)
and sorts them into such sonograms to be reconstructed
by STIR.

My remark concerning MathLab was pointing out an
option to reconstruct projections from a gamma camera
simulation which I used in the EDUGATE example
“SPECT_to_Reco. The simple reconstruction exposed in this
example uses IDL/GDL. I am NOT a MathLab user, but
expect that my simple IDL code can be converted to
Mathlab.
Following you last eMail, however, I don’t think this is
useful for PET-data, since in nowadays 3D-PET require
more complex algorithms as implemented by our
colleagues from STIR!!
I hope this clarifies  and answers your question.

Kind regards,

Uwe Pietrzyk
/----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Uwe Pietrzyk
Diplom-Physiker
Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin / INM-4
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Tel: +49-2461-61 4763
Fax: +49-2461-61 2820
Mobil: +49-162-103-4871
eMail: U.Pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/inm/inm-4/DE/Home/home_node.html
&
Bergische Universität Wuppertal
Fakultät für Mathematik und Naturwissenschaften
Büro:  D.08.01
Gaußstr. 20
42097 Wuppertal
Tel: +49-(0)202-439-3523