[Gate-users] problem with RNG

David Boersma david.boersma at physics.uu.se
Sun Feb 12 17:49:37 CET 2017

Dear Fatemeh Sepehri,

Den 11/02/2017 kl. 10:08, skrev Fatemeh Sepehri:
 > hi
 > I cannot find any information about "James Random " random number
 > generator. can anyone help me ?

It depends a bit on what kind of information you need.

This page on the GATE wiki has a section about random number generation
in GATE:

http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.2:Architecture_of_the_simulation

The "JamesRandom" random number generator is available in Gate but we
actually use its implementation from the CLHEP library. This seems to be
the CLHEP home page nowadays:

http://proj-clhep.web.cern.ch/proj-clhep/

Depending on what kind of information you are specifically searching,
you could check the user manual (contains citation of the original paper
by Fred James describing the algorithm):

http://proj-clhep.web.cern.ch/proj-clhep/doc/CLHEP_1_7/UserGuide/Random/Random.html

... or the reference manual (programming interface):

http://proj-clhep.web.cern.ch/proj-clhep/doc/CLHEP_2_2_0_4/html/classCLHEP_1_1HepJamesRandom.html

I hope that these links can help you a little bit. If not, then please
ask again, and maybe you can try to describe a bit more specifically
what kind of information you need, for what kind of application of GATE.

David Boersma