[Gate-users] X-ray energy spectrum as GPS in Gate

Daniel J Sandoval DJSandoval at salud.unm.edu
Fri Dec 8 05:15:13 CET 2017

Hello Simon,

I am attempting a project where I simulate a spectrum using SpekCalc and then run it in GATE. I stumbled upon the below message, and am truly grateful for your script. However, I do not quite understand what it is doing to the fluence. In your example, for the first line, you have an energy of 0.012 MeV, and a fluence of 2.591082e-126. However, when I create a sample spectrum of 120kev, my first line has an energy of 0.012MeV, but a fluence of 0.2479699. I have tried to look into the GATE manual to see what it expects for units of fluence, but have been unsuccessful.

If you could please help me understand what units the fluence are for GATE it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi,

I have written the enclosed script to convert a SpekCalc output to a

Gate macro. It produces a file like

https://github.com/OpenGATE/GateContrib/blob/master/imaging/CT/fixedForcedDetectionCT/mac/120keV.mac

The output macro file can be called like in

https://github.com/OpenGATE/GateContrib/blob/master/imaging/CT/fixedForcedDetectionCT/mac/fixedForcedDetectionCT.mac#L73

Simon