[Gate-users] Collimators in Gate

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Aug 22 09:17:23 CEST 2017

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Andreas Menzel <am at crystal-photonics.com>
wrote:

> Dear Gate community,
>
> I found that you seem to have two collimator types already implemented,
> but neither of them works for me at the moment.
> *1. The parallel hole collimator* (parallelbeam) complains about a
> material not being defined:
>
> [Physic-0] The following Geant4's physic-list is enabled :emstandard_opt3
>
> [Core-0] Initialization of geometry
>
> GateVVolume.cc (l.189): The material of the volume side hole 1 is not defined.
>
>         Nb of children:       0
>
> tems/SPECThead/pixel'
>
>         Attached to volume: pixel
>
> I don't think this is due to me using it incorrectly, because the same
> commands (except focus related stuff) work for the other kind of collimator.
>
> *2. The "parametrized" collimator*
>
> This seems to work, but the version on the git didn't allow the material
> to be set. I asked the developer who did the corresponding change, and it
> seems to work now. Would you like a pull request?

yes a PR will be fine !

> Finally, I realized that both these collimator types are not built like
> other geometric structures, meaning they are not derived from GateVVolume.
> Is this intentional, or is it because it is older code? I would like to
> know before I start hacking things.

It is not intentional, it is history ;) It is older code that have been
developed before GateVVolume structure. Ideally, those collimator types
could be developed as GateVVolume. If you intend to do so, contact me, we
are also interested and may help.

thanks,
David

> Best regards and thanks for your help!
>
> Andreas Menzel
>
> --
> Dr. Andreas Menzel
>
> Crystal Photonics GmbH
> Albert Einstein Straße 16
> D - 12489 Berlin
> Germany
>
> FAX.: +49 (0) 30 34669299 <+49%2030%2034669299>
> am at crystal-photonics.comwww.crystal-photonics.com

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1206
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut