[Gate-users] Crashing with a detector nested in a vox phantom

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Sep 2 08:46:04 CEST 2016

Hello Francisco,

does it works if the volumes do not overlap ? Try step by step:
- simulation with vox + source outside the volume (check everything is ok)
- simulation with vox + source inside the volume (check everything is ok)
- simulation with vox + ouside source + outside spect system (check
everything is ok)
- end with your final goal

btw, I recommend to use mhd file format rather than hdr (see wiki).

David

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM, Francisco Pinto <
francisco.pinto at surgiceye.com> wrote:

> Dear fellow Gate users,
>

> I am simulating the current scenario:
>
> - A voxelized phantom defined via a CT dataset in Analyze format.
>
> - A source placed inside the phantom.
>
> - A simple detector aiming towards the source.
>

> I would like to overlap the detector with the CT dataset. To this end, I
> changed the voxelized phantom to an ImageRegionalizedVolume and made my
> detector its daughter. Sadly, Gate crashes. I’ve narrowed this down the
> crash to GateCrystalSD::FindSystem(G4String&) – voxPhantom cannot be
> found.
>

> I'm using the latest develop Gate on Ubuntu 16.04, CPU-only single core
> simulation. All relevant short scripts + CT dataset here (23MB tgz):
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzM9gTEQ3DYybEdvR0RoV3I3bzA
>

> Any insights would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
>

> Cheers,
>
> Francisco
>

> Francisco Pinto
>

> Principal Software Engineer
>
> SurgicEye GmbH
>
> Tel: +49 89 54 99 89 0 - 21

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1206
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut