[Gate-users] GPU simulation exception

Lo, Nathan nathan.lo at rmp.uhn.ca
Fri Jun 24 23:02:44 CEST 2016

Hello Jiri,

I had the same error and fixed it by adding the following after “CUDA_NVCC_FLAGS” on line 192 of CMakeLists.txt: -gencode arch=compute_XX, code=sm_XX, where XX is the compute capability of your graphics card. A lot of the newer Nvidia graphics cards have a compute capability of 5.2 which isn’t listed in that file by default (in that case you would replace XX with 52).

Also I have found that when configuring the installation using CMake, the option “CUDA_SDK_ROOT_DIR” is left blank by default. Make sure it is linked to your CUDA install. The path should match the option for “CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR”.

After making the above changes, recompile Gate and try your simulation again.

I hope this helps you fix your problem,

Nathan Lo