[Gate-users] coincidences

Pietrzyk, Uwe u.pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jun 23 10:06:21 CEST 2016

Hi Mattia,

there is nothing wrong, that you find much less coincidences than just half
the singles. Consider the requirement for true coincidences:
- the singles have to come from the same event,
- scattered photons might miss the threshold you have set
- there is absorption in the phantom and you lose one of the annihilation photons

Maybe it would be a good exercise if you use the PET benchmark
or have a look at the very simple EduGATE- examples you find on the GATE WEB-page,
like "Coin-Chan"

Hope this helps!

Kind regards and best wishes,

Uwe Pietrzyk
/----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Uwe Pietrzyk
Diplom-Physiker
Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin / INM-4
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Tel: +49-2461-61 4763
Fax: +49-2461-61 2820
Mobil: +49-162-103-4871
eMail: U.Pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de<mailto:U.Pietrzyk at fz-juelich.de>
http://www.fz-juelich.de/inm/inm-4/DE/Home/home_node.html
&
Bergische Universität Wuppertal
Fakultät für Mathematik und Naturwissenschaften
Büro:  D.08.01
Gaußstr. 20
42097 Wuppertal
Tel: +49-(0)202-439-3523