[Gate-users] Modification of GATE output

Pawe Kowalski pawkowalski at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 14:56:21 CEST 2016

HI Brent,
I would like to thank you once again for all your explanations. I will probably need to write my own actor.
Best regards,Paweł

    15:48 sobota, 2016-6-4, Brent Huisman <brent.huisman at insa-lyon.fr> napisał(a):

 So the general setup of a Gate simulation (which is unfortunately not that clear on the website or wiki) is that you define geometry, source(s) and then actors (which is simply what scorers are called in Gate), which save output. I was not even aware that you could do what you do.

Of course, it is often that you want to score specific particles. You can use existing actors and apply filters to store only the particles you need. The filter might restrict the particles to a certain species (e.g. only photons) or on production processes. I do not know if there's a filter that restricts the particles to only those that underwent Compton scattering (check the wiki to see what's available, or look in the example directories, maybe someone does the same). If you find nothing that helps you, you can write your own filter, or modify/copy an existing actor.

Hope that helps,
Brent

Hi Brent,
Thank you again for your answers.
I generate my output just using commands:/gate/output/root/enable/gate/output/root/setFileName             output/output/gate/output/root/setRootHitFlag          1After simulation I analyze root files using c++ code.
If I don't specify any actor, is there a default one? Above default root output is also generated using actor?
I've tried PhaseSpaceActor. As far as I understand this actor saves information about all particles in a given volume. But is this possible to save, using this (or other) actor, only particles which interacted with matter with for example Compton scattering? I would like to save only some specific hits.
Best regards,Paweł