[Gate-users] Ion source - timestamp problem GATE 6.1

Enrique Muñoz Albaladejo Enrique.Munoz at ific.uv.es
Thu Jan 14 15:06:20 CET 2016

Dear Gergely,

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have followed all your
instructions and recompiled the code several times, but I couldn't get
it to work properly. Even after changing the permission of isGeneralIon
to public and explicitly setting it to be false the simulation time
remains the same as before.

Did you manage to solve the issue like that?

I have tried to follow how the GATE code works, but it is too complex
for my understanding. My uneducated (and probably wrong) guess is that
the function GateVSource::GetNextTime( G4double timeStart ), where the
lifetime of the ion is forced to 0, is not being called at all in my
simulation.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Enrique