[Gate-users] Ion source - timestamp problem GATE 6.1

STRYDHORST Jared Jared.STRYDHORST at cea.fr
Mon Jan 4 09:37:26 CET 2016

What version of GATE and Geant4 are you using and what ion?
GATE schedules the decay of ions itself according to the activity set by the user. To do so, it calls a function that sets the lifetime of the ion in Geant4 to zero so it decays immediately when it's created. However, in version 10 (.1?, .2? I don't know exactly when the change was made.) of Geant4, the function (SetPDGLifeTime()) now ignores any attempts to modify the lifetime of an ion. So the ion is created by GATE, but then Geant4 calculates the decay time according to the real half-life of the ion.

Jared STRYDHORST

Laboratoire Imagerie Moléculaire In Vivo (IMIV)
UMR 1023 Inserm/CEA/Université Paris Sud - ERL 9218 CNRS
CEA/I2BM/Service Hospitalier Frédéric Joliot
4, place du Général Leclerc
91401 ORSAY Cedex

<mailto:karima.ait-aissa at cea.fr>
http://i2bm.cea.fr/dsv/i2bm/shfj/imiv