[Gate-users] Error in the phantom and detector tracking modes

Arda Konik akonik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 21:01:53 CET 2016

Hi Gaters,
I haven't received any response for my previous email sent on  8 Nov 2016. I copied it below again. Anybody ?

I would like to use the feature for separating the phantom and detector tracking as explained in users’ guide7.1 (page 116).
However, I get some errors when I try to run the example simulation example_TrackerDetector. I tried this both on a linux installation and mac installation.

Phantom Tracking mode: The Root file gets generated, but I get the message below:
GateToRoot::RecordEndOfAcquisition(): Failed to access to 'total_nb_primaries' histogram to fill it !

Detector Mode: I get the error below
GateSource::GeneratePrimaries   End of Tracks Root file reached ... Seeking for more files to open.
[Acquisition-0] Slice 1 from 0.1 to 0.1 s [slice=4.33888e-320 s], final stop at 0.1 s.
<!> *** WARNING *** <!>  Warning in GateApplicationMgr::GetTimeSlice, run=1 is greater than the list of slices. Do nothing

GateSource::GeneratePrimaries   End of Tracks Root file reached ... Seeking for more files to open.
[Acquisition-0] Slice 2 from 0.1 to 1.97626e-323 s [slice=4.336e+190 s], final stop at 0.1 s.
<!> *** WARNING *** <!>  Warning in GateApplicationMgr::GetTimeSlice, run=2 is greater than the list of slices. Do nothing

GateApplicationMgr.cc <http://gateapplicationmgr.cc/> (l.218): Error in GateApplicationMgr::GetTimeSlice, run=2

1. Note, both errors (?) are related to the primaries.
2. What are these Warnings run=1, run=2 etc ?
3. Also in the lines below doesn't Option2 overwrites Option1 ? I thought there may be a typo here.
/gate/stepping/SetPolicy Option1
/gate/stepping/SetPolicy Option2

Thanks,

arda