[Gate-users] Unable to run Gate; Halp

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Dec 7 08:06:54 CET 2016

Hello,

you need "./" before because on unix OS (linux, mac), the command you type
is searched in some folders only, listed in a variable named "PATH". The
folder of your Gate executable is probably not in the path, so you need to
specify where is the command ("./" means in the current folder). Several
Gate executables may be at the same times on the computer, it could be
useful to compare versions.

libCore.so is shared library (from Root), again the path to this library
must be known by the terminal. On linux it is stored in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variable. so, something like:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<my_path_ro_root_lib>  could help
In http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Compilation_
Instructions_V7.2 you will see that source /PATH_TO/root_v5.XX/bin/thisroot.sh
should set everything for you.

HTH,
David

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Robert Wilson <rkwilson at mail.sdsu.edu>
wrote:

> Hello. First I would like to say thank you so many of you who have been
> helping me over the past few weeks in finding my copilation problems; I
> really do appreciate it.
>
> Now, after starting over and recompiling root and Gate the right way (I'm
> pretty sure this time), I was actually able to get it to run and give me
> the fabled "idle prompt". But then, upon trying to restart it the next day
> I got the Black Screen of Death. We WERE able to fix that by installing the
> updated invidia stuff, but now I'm unable to get Gate running again.
>
> So in looking for the problem, I found that the Gate executable was in two
> different directories, and both of them were listed as "Gate*" in green.
> Neither however would run from the simple command "Gate". I asked another
> computer wiz friend of mine about it, and he suggested I begin the command
> line with "./" in order to run THAT particular executable. Upon trying that
> it at least did something different, but now it's returning the line
>
> ./Gate: error while loading shared libraries: libCore.so: cannot open
>
> I'm also attaching two screen shots of the command history, so if anyone
> has any suggestions, advice, or something jumps out at you, any help would
> be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much in advance, and I hope you
> have a great day.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *R. Kevin Wilson*
>
> San Diego State University | *2017*
> Department of Physics | *M.S Medical Physics*
> Radiation Detection Measuring & Modeling Laboratory
> *PET/SPECT Modeling - vGate & GEANT4*
>

> Clemson University | *2015*
> College of Engineering & Science
> Department of Physics & Astronomy | *B.S. Applied Physics*
> CU EBIT & Atomic Physics Laboratory *|* *Intern Recipient and Student
> Researcher*
>

> rkwilson at mail.sdsu.edu
> rkwilso at g.clemson.edu
> (828) 216-5310

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U1206
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut