[Gate-users] Unable to run Gate; Halp

Robert Wilson rkwilson at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Dec 7 05:31:17 CET 2016

Hello. First I would like to say thank you so many of you who have been
helping me over the past few weeks in finding my copilation problems; I
really do appreciate it.

Now, after starting over and recompiling root and Gate the right way (I'm
pretty sure this time), I was actually able to get it to run and give me
the fabled "idle prompt". But then, upon trying to restart it the next day
I got the Black Screen of Death. We WERE able to fix that by installing the
updated invidia stuff, but now I'm unable to get Gate running again.

So in looking for the problem, I found that the Gate executable was in two
different directories, and both of them were listed as "Gate*" in green.
Neither however would run from the simple command "Gate". I asked another
computer wiz friend of mine about it, and he suggested I begin the command
line with "./" in order to run THAT particular executable. Upon trying that
it at least did something different, but now it's returning the line

./Gate: error while loading shared libraries: libCore.so: cannot open

I'm also attaching two screen shots of the command history, so if anyone
has any suggestions, advice, or something jumps out at you, any help would
be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much in advance, and I hope you
have a great day.

Best regards,

*R. Kevin Wilson*

San Diego State University | *2017*
Department of Physics | *M.S Medical Physics*
Radiation Detection Measuring & Modeling Laboratory
*PET/SPECT Modeling - vGate & GEANT4*

Clemson University | *2015*
College of Engineering & Science
Department of Physics & Astronomy | *B.S. Applied Physics*
CU EBIT & Atomic Physics Laboratory *|* *Intern Recipient and Student
Researcher*

rkwilson at mail.sdsu.edu
rkwilso at g.clemson.edu
(828) 216-5310