[Gate-users] Running Gate an a MacPro

Johannes Isenbrandt jisenbrandt at aol.de
Sat Dec 3 18:18:21 CET 2016

Hi Gate-Users,
I don’t know if my questions were asked before, because the search engine in the archive seems down.
I successfully installed Gate on my Macbook Pro. The examples and benchmarks are working pretty well. But the computing time is very long.
Now I’m thinking about building a powerful Terminal with a MacPro to accelerate my work. As I found out it’s necessary to install the Jobspitter and FileMerger to separate the simulation on the different cores of the system.
Has anyone of you builded a working Terminal with a MacPro where all of the cores are used and can give me some advices how this works?
The second question is about running the process on a GPU. I have to make the decision, which graphic board I configure in the System. I read, that the optical processes can be outsourced on the GPU.
The biggest parts of my research are optical processes. Here the same question as before: is here anyone who’s a expert in these topics.
Many thanks in advance!!!
Greetings from Germany

Johannes Isenbrandt