[Gate-users] Crashing with a detector nested in a vox phantom

Francisco Pinto francisco.pinto at surgiceye.com
Tue Aug 30 14:10:16 CEST 2016

Dear fellow Gate users,

I am simulating the current scenario:
- A voxelized phantom defined via a CT dataset in Analyze format.
- A source placed inside the phantom.
- A simple detector aiming towards the source.

I would like to overlap the detector with the CT dataset. To this end, I changed the voxelized phantom to an ImageRegionalizedVolume and made my detector its daughter. Sadly, Gate crashes. I've narrowed this down the crash to GateCrystalSD::FindSystem(G4String&) - voxPhantom cannot be found.

I'm using the latest develop Gate on Ubuntu 16.04, CPU-only single core simulation. All relevant short scripts + CT dataset here (23MB tgz): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzM9gTEQ3DYybEdvR0RoV3I3bzA

Any insights would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Francisco

Francisco Pinto

Principal Software Engineer