[Gate-users] Accuracy in voxel simulation.

maikol salas ramirez mmsalas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 10:49:26 CEST 2016

Hi

I am doing a verification of a voxel source of Lu-177, I compare the data
with two previous studies, in case of electron I have a good correlation
with previious simulations with MNCP and  EGS, but the result of the
photons is not good normally an error between 10%-15% (understimation), for
the 1th-5th voxel and similar for distants voxels.
I am using a similar physic.mac file like the molecular-therapy-I131 in the
Gate examples folder.

I can not find the solution to inprove the quantification (increse the dose
in the voxel), I already include all the possible processes, I would like
to know if there are other parameter that I can manipulate to increase the
accuracy (step, x-ray production, or somenthing like that)

I appreciate any help.

Best Regards