[Gate-users] To set an energy threshold limit lower than 250 eV

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Sep 25 13:14:45 CEST 2015

Hello,

by "range cut" (it is probably not the right word), I mean: stopping the
particle when its energy is below a threshold.

by "production cut"  (G4 wording), do not create new track if energy (or
range) is below a threshold.

In Gate :

# "Conventional cut" in range
/gate/physics/SetMinRemainingRangeInRegion myRegion 0.1 mm
/gate/physics/ActivateSpecialCuts e-

# "Conventional cut" in energy
/gate/physics//SetMinKineticEnergyInRegion myRegion 300 keV
/gate/physics/ActivateSpecialCuts e-

# "Geant4 Production cut"
/gate/physics/Electron/SetCutInRegion  myregion 0.1 mm

David