[Gate-users] Bugfix to the Qt5 problem

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Sep 24 08:44:52 CEST 2015

Hello Anders,

thanks for sharing !

I can insert it of course, but may I suggest you to make yourself the
modification and perform a pull-request via github ? That's help us a lot.

I copy and paste some indications:

https://github.com/OpenGATE/Gate and switch to the "develop" branch
> - create a specific branch on your repository copy and commit your
modifications in that branch.
> - once your code is ok, 1) ask for pull-request, 2) if needed, provide an
example that test your new feature and 3) prepare to write the
documentation.
> - inform everyone on the mailing list such that someone from the
collaboration could contact you and integrate your change in the main
repository. Please be aware that this step could take some times, there are
few developers and no one is full time on this project  ;)
> https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests/

It may be not so easy when not used to git, do not hesitate to ask for
clarification.

Sincerely,
David Sarrut

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Anders Garpebring <
anders.garpebring at umu.se> wrote:

> Dear gate developers,
>

> I had problem earlier with a segmentation fault if I run Gate in Qt mode.
> For instance if I do the command: “Gate –qt main.mac”. It turned out to be
> a change in Qt at some version that introduced this problem. The fix to the
> problem is quite simple. In the a Gate.cc file include the libraries:
>

> #include <G4UIQt.hh>
>
> #include <qmainwindow.h>
>

> And around line 335 insert the bold text
>

> #ifdef G4UI_USE
>
>       ui = new G4UIExecutive( argc, argv );
>

> *      G4UIQt* qui = static_cast<G4UIQt*> (UImanager->GetG4UIWindow());*
>
> *      if (qui) {*
>
> *        qui->GetMainWindow()->setVisible(true);*
>
> *      }*
>

> #else
>

> Perhaps something to include in the next release.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Anders Garpebring

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U 1044
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut