[Gate-users] Working group: Gate LET Actor
dsarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Nov 19 07:30:00 CET 2015
it appears that several groups may be interested to add a "LET actor"
(Linear Energy Transfer) to Gate.
We propose to set up a small working group of interested people that
want to contribute to this new feature. The idea is to define together a
set of requirements for this 'actor', then to implement it in Gate, with
examples macros and documentation, so that they can be available to
everyone in a future Gate release.
Here is a very short initial description of the LET actor:
- score a spatial distribution of LET (Linear Energy Transfert)
- based on the same principle as the DoseActor, or as an option to the
- output in kev/mum
- several definition of LET exists, so we need to select (at least) one
or provide option.
I already know the following people/group, that should be interested:
- ludovic.demarzi at curie.fr fanny.marsolat at curie.fr
- loic.grevillot at medaustron.at alessio.elia at medaustron.at
hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
- david.boersma at physics.uu.se
- maigne at clermont.in2p3.fr and François Smekens
Could you please confirm ? If you are not in this list and interested to
participate, please send me an email.
As proposed recently by David Boersma: we could also test a new tool
that could help us in the discussion. Please create a (free) account on
www.slack.com  and connect to the forum dedicated to Gate, in the
channel dedicated to the let-actor:
let me know,
David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U 1044
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
"2 + 2 = 5, for extremely large values of 2"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gate-users