[Gate-users] Physics List LBE

Devin VanElburg vanelbud at tbh.net
Fri May 22 16:14:21 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I have been having issues with running simulations when using the physics list LBE. I currently have a macro that runs just fine if I use a gamma source and add the physics list QGSP_BERT_EMV. However, when I also add LBE, everything crashes. I want to simulate the decay of Na-22. Even with the gamma source (no decaying ions), adding physics list LBE still results in a crash.

I should add that using LBE for decay of Na-22 was working just fine last week, but I recompiled GATE to include OPTICAL. I played with optical photons for a while, and when I went to run a PET simulation again, I had the above predicament. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks for your help,
Devin Van Elburg

Physics w/ c/ Biomedical Physics
Lakehead University