[Gate-users] installation error on mac

Tuoyu Cao tuoyucao at bnl.gov
Thu May 7 16:03:09 CEST 2015

Thank Mojca,

I added an empty copy constructor in G4SPSRandomGenerator.hh file like "G4SPSRandomGenerator(const G4SPSRandomGenerator&){}”. Then the compile passed but I am not sure if there will be any unexpected behavior later..

To finish the compile process, I also have to add “std::” in front of some “iostream”. I am not sure if this is an existing problem for other mac users.

If I turn on the “GATE_USE_GPU” option, I still got errors

***********************
In file included from /Users/tuoyucao/Documents/gate_v7.1/source/gpu/src/GateGPUManager.cu:9:
In file included from /Users/tuoyucao/Documents/gate_v7.1/source/gpu/src/GateCollim_gpu.cu:2:
In file included from /Users/tuoyucao/Documents/gate_v7.1/source/digits_hits/include/GateToGPUImageSPECT.hh:20:
In file included from /Users/tuoyucao/Documents/root/include/TFile.h:24:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/atomic:539:2: error: <atomic> is not implemented
#error <atomic> is not implemented
 ^
1 error generated.
CMake Error at Gate_generated_GateGPUManager.cu.o.cmake:206 (message):
  Error generating
  /Users/tuoyucao/Documents/gate_v7.1-build/CMakeFiles/Gate.dir/source/gpu/src/./Gate_generated_GateGPUManager.cu.o

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Gate.dir/source/gpu/src/Gate_generated_GateGPUManager.cu.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Gate.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Which may be due to the fact that cmake cannot find “CUDA_SDK_DIR”. But since I am using the CUDA 7.0, there is no separate installer for “cpu computing sdk”, and I cannot find anything like that under the cuda folders. Appreciated for anything suggestions.

I guess I will try the MacPort way. It would be great if you can make a Homebrew version in the future~

Thanks
Tuoyu