[Gate-users] A question regarding multiple scattering of charged particles

Alex Vergara Gil alexvergaragil at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:04:58 CET 2015

Dear gaters

I have a question regarding multiple scattering of charged particles

in the wiki http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.1:Setting_up_the_physics#Single_and_multiple_Scattering

it says
"The new Geant4 model selection has not yet implemented for multiple
scattering process in GATE V6.2. So users have to the old
process/model selection. The old MultipleScattering is now deprecated.
"

So my question is if this holds for gate v7.1, since I use the lines
/gate/physics/processes/eMultipleScattering/setGeometricalStepLimiterType
e- distanceToBoundary
/gate/physics/processes/eMultipleScattering/setGeometricalStepLimiterType
e+ distanceToBoundary
in my simulations, I made use of physic list builder with the line
/gate/physics/addPhysicsList	emstandard_opt3

So Am I doing wrong? Or this is still the recommended procedure?

Regards
Alex