[Gate-users] Spectrum calculations in vGate?

Marc Chamberland MarcChamberland at cmail.carleton.ca
Tue Jun 2 20:35:53 CEST 2015

Hi David,

Have you looked at radiotherapy example 8 included with Gate? It seems to be the closest you’ll get to what you want. In your case, you would remove the collimators, change the source definition, and replace the detectors (actors) by the appropriate one to measure spectrum. I think something like the EnergySpectrumActor along with some filters to properly select the particles that reach your detection plane, maybe?

I never use the radiotherapy applications of Gate, so I can’t be of any more help than this. Hopefully, this puts you on the right track!

Cheers,
Marc

Marc Chamberland, PhD
Department of Physics