[Gate-users] GATE 7 metastable source definition

Xinchi Hou monicaxinchi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 21:17:24 CET 2015

Dear Gate-users,

I am using GATE 7 for SPECT simulations. For some reason, GATE 7 seems can
not recognize metastable source by defining an ion source (shows
below,Tc-99m as an example), which can be successfully run by GATE 6.1:

/gate/source/SourceTC99m/gps/particle ion
/gate/source/SourceTC99m/gps/ion 43 99 0 142.6833
/gate/source/SourceTC99m/gps/monoenergy 0 keV
/gate/source/SourceTC99m/setForcedUnstableFlag true
/gate/source/SourceTC99m/setForcedHalfLife 21640 s

I know we can define 140keV gamma as a source instead of using ion source.
However, I need to use many of other metastable isotopes as sources which
usually have multiple gamma energies for each of them.

I really appreciate if somebody could share his/her experience on similar
problems.

My best regards,
Monica