[Gate-users] Optical processes error - No surface command enabled

David Larsson david.larsson at sth.kth.se
Fri Feb 27 17:51:38 CET 2015

Hi Vesna,

thanks for your advice. I've now tried to reinstall Geant4 (v.9.6.p03 using the built in CLHEP, i.e. GEANT4_USE_SYSTEM_CLHEP OFF) and Gate (v7.0). To be sure, I've redirected GATE to use CLHEP 2.1.3.1. in case there is any issue with the built-in Geant4 version.

However, the same error message seem to occur when running the Optical_System.mac file.

Could it be some library files that for some reason are missing? Do you happen to know exactly how the Surfaces.xml-file is called? I think something might be incorrect there (at least with what I'm using).

Thanks again for your help,

/David