[Gate-users] How to make complicate phantom

Marc Chamberland MarcChamberland at cmail.carleton.ca
Mon Feb 16 15:17:53 CET 2015

Hi,

This can all be found in the User’s Guide: http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.0:Defining_a_geometry#Creating_a_volume

For example, create a water cylinder (or whatever material you want), then three daughter cylinders (daughters of your main phantom cylinder) made of air.

As for detectors: I don’t know what you mean. Detect what? I’m assuming you’re not doing imaging applications (PET or SPECT), so you want to measure dose? Energy spectrum? In any case, you need Actors: http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.0:Readout_parameters_for_Radiotherapy_applications:_Actors

Cheers,
Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate