[Gate-users] Problem with job splitter installation

Hermann Fuchs hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 11 08:46:29 CET 2015

Hi,

unfortunately I can not reproduce your problem.
Could you be more specific?
E.g. contents of your environmental variables (type printenv in a
terminal and post the output).

Generally GATE requires some environmental variables. It does not make a
difference where these are set.
You could put them in .bashrc, then they will be set automatically when
you open a terminal.
Alternatively, especially when using multiple geant4/Gate releases, you
could create a script which sets the required varibles as soon as you
source the script.
Such a script may be called envGate.sh.
You should create it yourself.
The file should contain:

source <PATHTOROOT>/bin/thisroot.sh
source<PATHTOGEANT4>/bin/geant4.sh
export PATH=$PATH:<PATHTOGATE>/bin
export GC_GATE_EXE_DIR=<PATHTOGATE>/bin
export GC_DOT_GATE_DIR=./

Please replace <PATHTOGATE>, <PATHTOGEANT4> and <PATHTOROOT> with the
correct absolute file path to your installation directories.

Cheers,
Hermann

Mail. hermann.fuchs at meduniwien.ac.at