[Gate-users] Attach source to repeated volume

David Sarrut David.Sarrut at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Apr 1 14:02:25 CEST 2015

Hello Debora,

exact, source attached to volume do not work with repeated copies. This is
something that should/could be implemented. If you intend to do so, be
careful to be very clear to the purpose of such a feature.

repeater do not work either on source.

Regarding your application, it could also be more direct/specific to
implement a new source type.

Sincerely,
David

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Débora Salvado <debbiesal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear GATE users,
>
> Does anyone know how to attach a source to a volume which was previously
> defined as linear and ring repeater?
>
> I have my volume:
> /gate/bore/daughters/name luoxy
> /gate/bore/daughters/insert box
> /gate/luoxy/geometry/setXLength 32.0 mm
> /gate/luoxy/geometry/setYLength 20.0 mm
> /gate/luoxy/geometry/setZLength 32.0 mm
> /gate/luoxy/setMaterial Air
> /gate/luoxy/placement/setTranslation 0. 315. 0.0 mm
> /gate/luoxy/repeaters/insert linear
> /gate/luoxy/linear/setRepeatNumber 8
> /gate/luoxy/linear/setRepeatVector 0. 0. 32. mm
> /gate/luoxy/repeaters/insert ring
> /gate/luoxy/ring/setRepeatNumber 5
> /gate/luoxy/ring/setFirstAngle -12.8 deg
> /gate/luoxy/ring/setAngularSpan 25.6 deg
>
> I tried to just attach the source to the defined volume:
> /gate/source/luoxysrc1/attachTo luoxy
> but when I look at the wrl file, there's only photons coming from one
> volume, not all the repeated copies...
>
> I also tried to define the repeater in the source, as if it was a normal
> volume:
> /gate/source/luoxysrc1/gps/repeaters/insert linear
> but it gives me an error (doesn't recognize the command)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Debora Salvado, MSc
> PhD Student
> University College London
> INM, UCLH, (T-5) 235 Euston Road
> London NW1 2BU
> UK

David Sarrut, Phd
Directeur de recherche CNRS
CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5220, Inserm U 1044
Centre de lutte contre le cancer Léon Bérard
28 rue Laënnec, 69373 Lyon cedex 08
Tel : 04 78 78 51 51 / 06 74 72 05 42
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~dsarrut