[Gate-users] Where is the Sub-directories such as /control /units? And how to execute an example by excute mac file?

Zhou, Zhongxing Zhongxing.Zhou-1 at ou.edu
Tue Sep 30 18:35:01 CEST 2014

Dear Gaters

I am beginner of Gate. I installed virtual box and import vGate.  I follow the steps in this webpage http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/Users_Guide_V7.0:How_to_run_Gate.

After I type  the commands "Gate" and "Idle> ls". I can see a list of Sub-directories

/control/   UI control commands.
 /units/   Available units.
/persistency/   Control commands for Persistency package

But where is these Sub-directories? I can not find them by "search document and folders by name".

Another question: when I execute the example of SPECT in the folder of examples. I type

/control/execute   /Progs/Gate/gate_v7.0/examples/example_SPECT/SPECT.mac

But the terminal told me that "vis.mac" could not be found. The file "vis.mac" is in the same folder of SPECT.mac. I also found in the SPECT.mac, the first command is /control/execute vis.mac.

Would you please tell me if I need to copy these mac files to other folders modified the command in the mac file so that the full path of the mac file is included in the command.

Thank you all

Erick Zhou

University of Oklahoma