[Gate-users] SetCutInRegion defualt in GATE 7.0

정숙영 syjung419 at skku.edu
Mon Sep 1 14:48:30 CEST 2014

Dear all,

Recently, I switched from v6.2 to v7.0 and found the setting for production
cuts special cuts in the physics section in GATE7.0.

I didn’t give any specific value for this production cuts because I am not
sure what it means.

Could you confirm that it means there will be no secondary production by
passing through this length?

(For example, if I set as like this,

/gate/physics/Gamma/SetCutInRegion target 1mm,

can’t I include any reactions during the gamma is going through 1 mm in
the target volume?)

And also, what is the default value for this if I didn’t set any specific
value?

Then, here is my second question.

To apply “physics list builder” in case of hadronic physics, I wrote as
like this.

/gate/physics/addPhysicsList       QGSP_BIC

After this sentence, do I need to specify any physics process? (like
/gate/physics/addProcess HadronIonisation ….)

Any help would be appreciate for me, thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Sookyoung Jung