[Gate-users] About Visualization

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 22 17:03:30 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Leo Read wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
> Like Smita, I was unaware of this option. However, when I tried to run my
> gate macro with the command gate --qt _macroNameHere_, I did not get the Qt
> interface.

Please try to run just
    Gate --qt

That should already fire up a "standalone" Qt window.

If that doesn't work, you haven't configured Geant4 and/or Gate
properly and you need to recompile both to include Qt support. I would
suggest you to try to build Gate 7 with CMake, but in particular
please don't ask about version 6.1 as that one is guaranteed not to
work with Qt without extra patches.

Mojca