[Gate-users] GATE 7.0 GPU PET example; incomplete phantom?

Patay Gergely patay.gergely at mediso.hu
Wed May 14 13:07:13 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

I encountered this bug too.
Actually, even the main-cpu.mac won't work out-of-the-box, because the
Gate[Geometry|Source]VoxelInterfileReader::ReadData function assumes that the
binary data has the extension ".i33" regardless of the "name of data file" row
in the .hdr file.
This can easily circumvent by renaming 'thorax_phantom.bin' to
'throrax_phantom.i33' (or alternatively, not overwriting the m_dataFileName
variable with a hardcoded one).

A more serious issue is that the GPU version does not seem to respect the
/gate/source/srcvoxel/setPosition command (and the voxel size information from
the interfile header), so the phantom is out of the FOV.
See the attached plot where red (CPU) and blue (GPU) dots represent the source
positions from Singles.dat files.

cheers,
   Gergely

---