[Gate-users] Mean energy vs. Radial distance in Elekta Precise 6MV phase-space data

Grevillot Loic loic.grevillot at medaustron.at
Mon May 12 10:40:42 CEST 2014

Hi Stathis,

What you should observed is the following:

-          At the center: a higher energy and a lower fluence due to the filter thickness

-          With increased radial distance: a reduced mean energy and increased fluence

-          At the filter border: you suddenly have no filter material, so the fluence increases and the mean energy decrease.
Actually, what happens at the border of the filter is not important, in the sense that this part of the beam is not use clinically.

Sincerely,

Loïc