[Gate-users] Reflective surface not totally reflecting?

Amy Meldrum ameldru at g.clemson.edu
Mon Mar 24 14:55:09 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

I am trying to define a completely reflective surface for a volume
(aluminum foil). In my Surfaces.xml file for this surface I set Specular
Spike = 1, and Reflectivity = 1. Yet when running a small simulation, it
seems that some optical photons tend to end their track in the layer whose
surface I had set to be reflective, rather than being reflected off of it
and into other volumes in my geometry. Is there something I'm missing in
defining the surface?

Thank you,

-Amy