[Gate-users] Install GATE in Mac os Mavericks

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:58:02 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Marc Chamberland wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
> This discussion reminded me of a problem with Gate, Qt, and OS X 10.9.
>
> Double-clicking the Gate app icon or using the --qt option on the command
> line results in a segmentation fault. Jérôme provided the following fix:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.science.opengate.user/3434/match=mac+os+qt

Oh, thanks a lot for pointing this out. I forgot about it (and I don't
use 10.9 myself, so I didn't spot the problem).

> I hope it will be fixed in the next release of Gate, but in the meantime,
> I've patched my Gate port installation.
>
> I don't know if it's worth it to provide a patch with your port of Gate.

I can definitely patch it, but given that the port is now fetching the
latest version from git, it would make more sense to fix the Gate
sources directly and I would simply fetch a newer properly working
commit.

David, may I please ask to apply the above mentioned Jérôme's patch?

(If for whatever reason the sources cannot be updated in a few days, I
will add the patch to the repository.)

Mojca