[Gate-users] Install GATE in Mac os Mavericks

Marc Chamberland MarcChamberland at cmail.carleton.ca
Wed Mar 12 19:30:00 CET 2014

Hi Mojca,

This discussion reminded me of a problem with Gate, Qt, and OS X 10.9.

Double-clicking the Gate app icon or using the --qt option on the command line results in a segmentation fault. Jérôme provided the following fix: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.science.opengate.user/3434/match=mac+os+qt

I hope it will be fixed in the next release of Gate, but in the meantime, I've patched my Gate port installation.

I don't know if it's worth it to provide a patch with your port of Gate.

Marc

Marc Chamberland, MSc
PhD candidate
Department of Physics