[Gate-users] Potential bug with short time slice / low activity

Simon Stute gate.stute at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:13:50 CET 2014

Hi Guillem,

I do not have the answer for that problem, but few suggestions.

Try to use the command "/gate/application/verbose 2". This will print out
the number of EMITTED particles from the source at the end of the
acquisition. If this is not the expected one, one has to dig in this
direction (in this case that may be a bug), otherwise the problem may be
related to the detection process.

As the problem disappears at bigger activities or fewer number of runs, I
would suspect some kind of rounding error accumulations (if the problem
comes from the number of emitted particles) ...

Also, are you applying any decay to your source ?
What kind of source are you using (backtoback, e+ or ion) ?
Apologize for the silly question, but did you change the random seed from a
replicate to another ?

Regards,
Simon