[Gate-users] Install GATE in Mac os Mavericks

Karr Aguwa kaguwa at optics.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 11 16:27:43 CET 2014

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for sending out this email, I too have issues installing GATE on
Mavericks. I have been running GATE on mountain lion since last year, and
no issues, I purchased a new mac mini and upgraded to mavericks, and tried
installing GATE, but I am stuck at CLHEP. I am getting compilation
errors (*TripleRand.cc:203:34:
error: use of overloaded operator '^' is ambiguous (with operand typed
'unsigned int' and 'CLHEP::Hurd288Engine')*) and i even have macPorts
installed. Any suggestions? How did you you install you CLHEP package? I
followed the directions defined here
http://wiki.opengatecollaboration.org/index.php/New_Compilation_ProcedureV6.2
And installed the xcode command line tools package

Did you ever get such error? If so how did you fix it?

Thanks.

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:54 AM, pmcorreia at ua.pt <pmcorreia at ua.pt> wrote:

> Dear Folks
>
> I'm using GATE in a Scientific Linux 6 machine, installed by source as
> described in the wiki page. Everything is fine.
> But now I tried to install in a mac os machine, with Mavericks operating
> system.
>
> I installed CLHEP, ROOT and GEANT4 with Macports, but when I try to
> install GATE by source, the installation always abort, and I'm not able to
> find out why.
>
> Is there anyone who is using Gate in MacOS that can give me some
> installation guidelines?
>
> Best regads,
> Pedro Correia
> University of Aveiro